Tuesday, November 14, 2017

Awkward Angle.......


As I start work on another project I found I could catch some shots of it.  It is an old piano stool. The ones where the seat can be raised by turning the seat.  The claw feet seem to be deteriorated to a rough surface not allowing me to see any detail on them. I will try brass cleaner on them but I don't things will turn out very well.   The glass ball is held in the claw by something but I don't know what.

I didn't get a shot of it standing up with its seat inserted down the base.  I know the stool is over 40 years old as that is how long that I have had it.  I am being foolish as it has to be twice that age as it was gifted to me from the same house that I acquired the library table.  My friend said her mother had them in about every room of the house and wanted me to take one away for her. I am not sure that I will restore it to a wood finish. The wood is in pretty bad shape.  I will share photos of it again as I decide and work on its final finish.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very nice. Some 40 years ago when I was living out of state, I worked for a man who was an auctioneer on the side. He helped me acquire a similar piano stool that served me well for many years.

Anonymous said...

p.s. Stop by my blog later and check out the canvas that John and I put together from a co. in Sweden. We were so nervous with the do-it-yourself canvas frame, but it was fool-proof!

Tall and Short....

 At four in the morning and one is walking the empty hallways, one never knows what the camera might shoot.