Friday, November 24, 2017

Greenhouse Blooms......


We see these flowers used in restaurants in a single vase. Their shapes are such that they look like they are an artificial flower.  It is not, but I think it is a form of a lily flower that are sold in larger bouquets. I told my wife to pick out one while we were at the grocery store.  There were large batches of the bunch flowers.  It was deceiving as when we got home we realized that there were only five stems of a different flower in the bundle. They are still very nice but next time we may have to buy two of them to really get a full bouquet.

If you haven't noticed yet while viewing the photo, I turned the camera sideways to get a good shot of that particular kind of flower. I couldn't figure out at first what I was seeing then I realize it is a side view of the flowers. It is nice to have fresh flowers as the fall winds down and winter sets in on us.

One of my blogger friends says it is an alstroemeria, a Peruvian Lily. It is good to know. I assume that it is grown in greenhouses as our weather in North America probably isn't too kind to it. 

4 comments:

Karen said...

i love these. are they alstromeria i have a sprained wrist today

Betsy Brock said...

One of my favorite flowers...so beautiful!

Anonymous said...

So very pretty and a bright spot in your home!

Christine said...

In my favourite colour! Beautiful!

Peony and Tulips....

  The flowers are getting a gentle rain this morning.  It  makes the soil and sub soil happier as our drought is less these days.