Friday, December 29, 2017

First Junco......



The sighting of my first junco happened on Thursday.  I filled the feeder a few days ago but I haven't had many takers.  I guess they were already feeding somewhere else earlier. The snow is deep on the railing so it is hard for them to get into the feeder. I had a hanging tube feeder that no bird wants visit.  Maybe the Christmas tree is scaring them from feeding.  When ever it snows at the old place, the birds were on the feeder instantly the next morning. I think I can build up my clientele after a while of consistent feeding.

2 comments:

Karen said...

Hope you get a lot of satisfied customers at your bird feeder!!

Ginny Hartzler said...

When we first out our feeder out, it takes forever for the birds to come. I have always wondered why juncos migrate where there is such a cold winter. Love those snowflakes!

Big and Small...

 The miniature daffodils are so petite compared to the normal sized daffodil. I don't think I have ever brought the small ones inside be...