Thursday, December 7, 2017

Reflection of the Past......


The ornament isn't so old but I do remember the indent ornaments of the past. They would be for sale at some hardware store and in the most part survive the handling of years of use. This ornament didn't make the move for some reason. Moving itself explains why two of these took hard hits with pieces of them broken away but that doesn't keep me from displaying it. The boxes that they were in didn't really get dropped but packing boxes on top of others probably caused it.

The joy we will have is when things get done. I am moving slow and my wife is involved with a commission art work to get done before Christmas.  We installed a track lighting system last night during the night  news. We bought it in the afternoon and I wanted it up and running for her this morning.  I hope it improves her light in her studio.  She has lighting problems with a double window that puts out too much light and she really misses her north windows and skylights. Inspire of the,t the studio is better in the new house than in the old. In between all of that the decorations are being placed on trees a few at a time.

3 comments:

Coloring Outside the Lines said...

I love the older ornaments. I had several of mine break this year- including a set of manger animals and figures...which just about made me cry. I get sentimental about all things Christmas- it really is my favorite holiday.

Karen said...

Hope the new lighting does the trick! Can't wait to see the tree when it's all decorated. Enjoy your day.

Jeevan said...

Nice to know u started decorating the tree and these are beautiful ornaments to be added to the tree. Why don't she put thick curtains to prevent light entering through windows?

I usually decorate tree two days ahead to Christmas.

Big and Small...

 The miniature daffodils are so petite compared to the normal sized daffodil. I don't think I have ever brought the small ones inside be...