Thursday, February 22, 2018

Three Musketeers.......


Every morning it is the royal performance of the opening of the curtains. The three musketeers are excited and  they squawk to great the morning. There can be the making of warning calls to any squirrel or morning dove that looks threatening to them. They are brothers and sister that were hatched in a nesting box attached to the side of an old cage18 years ago. The parents nested willingly when I put the box up and they had two batches of birds within two or three months. I did have to tae the nesting box off the side of the care.  I gave two of the five new birds away and these three have always been together.  They are bonded and I will never separate them. Even in the large cage that I bought for  them they still sleep very close together. I have never named them but the female has different pattern on her tail feathers and I could easily know who she is and name her. The two guys really look exactly alike. One of the guys will come close to the cage and just chatter at me.  They do like to fly in their new cage but they prefer to crawl up and down the sides of the cage with their feet and beak.

5 comments:

L. D. said...

The bars on the cage seems to always effect the camera’s focus of the birds. I guess I may have to swing open up one of the cage doors and shoot through the door opening.

Ginny Hartzler said...

Wow!! We love birds and are birdwatchers. They are so sweet with their rosy cheeks. Tending to birds is not that easy, so you must be awesome at this! I love your story about them.

Christine said...

cute and I can imagine their excitement every morning!

Jeevan said...

Nice to hear their bonding! My neighbour too had musketeers in cage and they occasionally make loud cry… but another friend of mine, who had these birds as guest for few days complained of over noise.

Anonymous said...

I have never owned a bird, but the vet we use treats birds and I often see folks bringing theirs in to the waiting room. This is a sweet photo of your three and I enjoyed hearing about their habits.

Big and Small...

 The miniature daffodils are so petite compared to the normal sized daffodil. I don't think I have ever brought the small ones inside be...