Saturday, April 21, 2018

Female Cardinal ....


I zoomed in on her this morning, thinking she was nesting.  She was not nesting.  She is eating something from the spruce.  It may be the ends of the pine branch.  Other birds are feeding on the tree too.  I had one view finder look at her smacking her beak as if she were eating peanut butter.  I am sure it is a dry material and she does prefer it to what I have in my feeders. I do keep watching the tree to see if they will nest in that tree but that may not happen.  I do know that the goldfinches did nest in there.


2 comments:

Jeevan said...

Beautiful capture and looks it took comfort on the branches

Karen said...

That's a great photo!

Blurry Blue Cup Day.....

 It is Monday and I am a little blurry eyed today. It is fitting then my blue cup is blurred a little because it is in low light. I was too ...