Saturday, February 9, 2019

Barn Dog.......a Nickname.


A neighbor girl called Barnabas, Barn Dog, because that is what she heard or understood.  The little girl is married now living in Texas with two cute young boys. . Banners here is in the new house among packed boxes.   We lost Barney this morning at 8:00.  He has left huge holes in our hearts that will never be repaired. We think he lived to be 15 years old.  He was a rescued dog from the streets from a small-town in Missouri.


He was the tan color of a litter of black and white puppies.  His genetics is true with certain two kinds of parents.


Barney didn’t  like his photo taken and always turned his head when he saw a camera. He was able to enjoy two years in the new house and it did suit him well.  He came for a visit right before we moved and he had a attitude when we visit.  He did grow the like the new place and also the front yard.


We had a rough past week with Barney going into decline starting on the Sunday night.  I did not go to the funeral on Monday as he needed adaptation to his going outside. I had to do them and I was not too successful with that..  His decline in walking ,eating and the general old dog stuff got to be very complicated. I won’t share things immediately but as time goes by my wife and I learned a lot about the last days of a dog, and I want to share them.  I only learned them by the experiences with Barney. They are things that we would have done so much differently.   Hey thanks for stopping by today.

2 comments:

Laurel Wood said...

Larry & Della, I am so very sorry to read this. You have been in my thoughts and prayers. I have followed your blog for so many years, Barney (and Button) were special to me too. Having lost 3 pets in the past few years, I know the heartache and grief. These are sweet pictures that you have shared today. God bless you.

Karen said...

L.D. and Della, I am sad about your loss. Barney brought you much love and joy. God bless you

Weekends....

 When I return from home to go to the hospital on a week day I can't find a place to park. Here is where I parked on a Friday morning, w...