Thursday, August 8, 2019

First Monarch Photo....


I have an invasion of painted ladies butterflies.  When I saw this monarch I went for my camera. It is twice the size of the smaller ones and I have not seen them in my yard. I didn’t get a perfect picture but I did get a couple.


As we traveled to the north shore and when we returned we saw many monarchs.  I am sure the car took a lot of them out.  I-35 has large areas of meadows on both sides of the road in its ditches. There was a sign put up along the way saying that it was the major route for the monarch migration. They were fluttering across the highway as the cars passed by them.  I am glad that this one has survived the trip so far.  The butterfly weed is its favorite plant.

2 comments:

Laurel Wood said...

Oh how I love your photos tonight. So pretty!

The Furry Gnome said...

I've seen a lot of Monarchs this summer.

Morning……

 As I drive out in the morning heading south I see a cloud formation trying to cover the sun. I shot it through a dirty car window so there ...