Have a view of my daily photos or photos from my past. We all need to document the world around us visually. What I see is mostly what you get.
Friday, January 31, 2020
Steamers.......
The toy train is proportioned perfectly making us thinkg we are seeing the real thing. Trains like this crossed America helping to settle the country. Coal was its source of energy and water needed to be added every once in a while to make steam to push those cylinders to turn the wheels. It is a unique sound when you hear them traveling down the rails.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Clouds Above
The morning is predicted to be partly cloudy. I think it will be cloudy most all of the day. We did warm up though which is kind of nice to...
-
My dad has come home from the war. It is 1945 in the summer. My oldest brother Ron is on the right and Rex is on the left. The next two bo...
-
Teddy's legs are a little short for this big wheel but he still likes sitting on it. These shots were buried in my files and this one...

2 comments:
I rode on an old train into the mountains of north Georgia to see the beautiful fall foliage. The clickety-clack of the train and the whistle made a peaceful sound.
Reading your line I really wish I heard to a steam engines sound! Here one of our Hill Stations use a steam engine to pull a mountain train. You steamer got great details to watch.
Post a Comment