Saturday, May 28, 2022

The Two Ducks.....


 The neighbor's pool seems to be visited daily by the mallard and its mate. The camera did not pick up the green reflection off of the neck of the drake. I sure hope that the hen is not nesting under the neighbor's play house. I am enjoying the ability to pull of good portraits of these two birds.



Showing the drakes mate is necessary to show the pair who are mated.  I don't know if the ducks know that the pool will probably become inhabited by humans. Again, if they are nesting there they will have a problem with the baby ducks.  They may have to call in the DNR to form a rescue.  The nearest  open body of water is either bank ponds of three miles away to the Lake Saylorviller.  I guess the Des Moines River is also two or three miles away.

1 comment:

claude said...

I have never seen any duck in my pool but a day in my pond. I do not kown if the water of a pool is good for ducks.

Big and Small...

 The miniature daffodils are so petite compared to the normal sized daffodil. I don't think I have ever brought the small ones inside be...