Saturday, October 1, 2022

Class Wars....

 

The hobnail pitcher is stately and refined as it is  a historic piece. My wife's pitcher comes from the era when milk glass  was popular.  Her mother had a lot of the milk glass and this was a water pitcher.  My history is a little bit of a different class  as the bowl is a common cereal bowl.  The bowl is heavy duty, ironstone, and was used as an everyday dish. The cafe ware years ago was made of the same type of material.   I use the pitcher to add water to my aquariums and the bowl is in the bathroom used as a soap dish.

1 comment:

roentare said...

A nice collection of different porcelain

Basket Full….

 My wife is in a health center, nursing home, and she was having a bad day. In walks an aid with these kittens. My wife loves cats and dogs ...