Sunday, December 4, 2022

Sunday's Shot.....

 

Wide mouth Mason jars hold a collection of my older Christmas balls.  They are permanently installed in the jars as I have no need to change them.  I saw various jars like this for sale from $35 to $130 on the net.  Jar lids are made from zinc.  A rubber seal was used on the rim of the jar and then the lid would screw down onto the jar to seal it for canning foods. The rubber ring would have to be replaced with a new one each season.  I notice the early 1900's was given for the years that they were made.  

The jars sit in my shop in front of  an old chair that I need to restore.  You can see the old cane seat hanging down from the hole were it once was installed.  I am not sure where I got the chair but it looks like it has been weathered from moisture from sitting outside or in a damp basement.  I will bring the jars of color upstairs now that I did get a shot for my blog.

1 comment:

roentare said...

They are quite dear in pricing for my standards. Though colourful and festive

Basket Full….

 My wife is in a health center, nursing home, and she was having a bad day. In walks an aid with these kittens. My wife loves cats and dogs ...