Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Red and yellow tulip.......


Iowa State University, where I graduated, had the colors of red and gold.  So I call this my ISU tulip.  When I bought them, I must have wandered all over my two lots to plant it, as it comes up in three different places.


These two are planted under some honeysuckle bushes.  There also is a wire fence to keep the dogs contained in the back yard that sits right in front of them. In order to take the picture, I had to hang over the fence and hold the camera down at arm's length and take random shots.  My neighbors are getting use to mes o if anyone saw me they probably thought I was acting normal.

9 comments:

Jimmy said...

Those could go in the Gaudy Garden! Great photos, Larry.

A Brit in Tennessee said...

Just gorgeous !
Love those two colors together,
The shots were well worth your acrobatic effort.

OiseauBird said...

rouge et jaune..sorry
red and yellow........so beautiful tulip

The Retired One said...

I love these..they are striking!

Sunny said...

These tulips are really quite different and very lovely.
Did you see my weekend chicken? (rooster). LOL!
Sunny :)

Les Barr said...

So that's what that flower is. A Tulip. I never knew what it was. Reason being, a while back while walking around one of the Parks here in Reading, I happen to stumble on this very colorful flower. I was imprssed by its beauty, so I took a Image of it. I still have it in a Frame that hangs in the bathroom downstairs here. They are very colorful and have a great blend of yellow and reds.

Far Side of Fifty said...

Beautiful..so colorful. Do you suppose your neighbors think you are colorful too? I know mine think I am a bit nuts:)

Christine H. said...

Wow, this just jumps out at you. Stunning!

Teri and her Stylish Adventure Cats said...

Flowers are as amazing as tropical birds! I love how if you saw these tulips in silk, one would say That can't be real, but in nature...reality!

Dog with Person

     The person looks at her cell phone while the dog leads the way. That style of apartment building has a mansard roof. They are not built...