Wednesday, May 6, 2015

Warm Foggy Wednesday........


The fernleafed peony decided to open up most all of its buds in one day.  There are a few left to open but I bet they will be open today.  I am hopping t his afternoon's storm does not destroy the blooms.  I have another bush like this that is more in the shade so it will bloom later. The macro allows me to take a very artistic shot here making it a poster like shot.




The plants all originated from my parents home in Osceola.  I left some of it there and I am sure it is blooming down there in southern Iowa. My mom actually swiped some of it from a neighbors rental probably 20 years ago. I have planted parts of it in five locations and it grows and blooms according to its location in the sun or shade.

4 comments:

Cranberry Morning said...

Beautiful. I love the old single-row peonies. I have a plant that I found when we moved here 25 years ago. I wonder if it will bloom this year. It's my favorite peony!

The Furry Gnome said...

Hey, that's beautiful!

claude said...

Very beautiful ! Mines are like yours.

ScrappySandie said...

What beautiful flowers! I've never seen this type before...remind me of poppies. Lovely!

Weekends....

 When I return from home to go to the hospital on a week day I can't find a place to park. Here is where I parked on a Friday morning, w...