Friday, October 6, 2017

Insect Visitor......


While I was taking photos of the zinnias yesterday,  I was surprised to see this praying mantis.  It is very large compared to the one small white one that I posted shots of a few months ago.

7 comments:

Ginny Hartzler said...

Wow! He is almost bigger than the flower. I have never seen one this color.

Jeevan said...

You got amazing detail on the mantis! Superb shot

Christine said...

An amazing insect - one I only see in photos!

Karen said...

When he was a toddler my oldest child once asked me, "What are they praying for?" lol This is a great pic!

troutbirder said...

Hmmm. I've never seen on of those critters here in Bluff Country..:(

The Furry Gnome said...

Great picture!

claude said...

In French "mante religieuse" I hot one a day.
Have a nice week-end, Larry !

Trails in the Sky

 The morning sky was filled with patterns. The clouds are streaked today as well as the trails from our jets from the National Guard at the ...