Tuesday, February 27, 2018

Blind Shots.....



As I was walking the backyard this morning I could hear flocks of geese going overhead.  It wasn’t the local geese that live here year round.  They fly lower, as they keep moving from rivers to lakes and farm fields of grain.  These geese were snow geese headed north in large branches of V formations. They were flying high to catch the wind currents.  When it is so bright, I have to just blind shoot up in the air, not being able to see anything in the view screen. The best shot is our of focus.  The second best shot isn’t so great either, but the viewer can get the idea of what was high up there in the sky.

They aren’t the locals as they are not Canada geese. The locals fly low and I can get them in focus. These all were resembling all the formations that I would see as a kid as the flew over southern Iowa heading to Minnesota and Canada. The sound to me is always so great to hear. The idea that they are headed north means spring is coming. I was pleased that I ventured out into the iced over backyard.

I seem to have a lot of redundant sentences.  I guess they will all stay as I think repeating myself  is my way of life theses days. I don’t have the know how to consolidate them into one paragraph today. Did I mention that I keep saying the same things over and over again?

2 comments:

Betsy Brock said...

How pretty! I don't think I've ever seen snow geese!

Dianna said...

I cannot recall ever seeing these beautiful geese before. Thank you for sharing.

Special windows

 The east addition to the hospital has amazing design treatment to match the style of the whole entrance. The reflection of the world is a p...