Thursday, February 1, 2018

February First.........


I took Barney out this morning and it was very cold.  We were at 7 degrees F. this morning and the full moon was still in the east.  I went back to get my camera and tried another shot. The camera picks up the extreme contrast of the moon to the sky so it makes the sky look darker than it really is.




My camera is a Nikon Coolpix. I have never owned a camera that would pick up a shot of the moon in focus.  I have shared shots on my old cameras that would show small spheres in the sky that never showed any detail. I have not tried it when it is completely dark but will do so when it warms up again.

5 comments:

Karen said...

Mildred and I were saying that you would get a good shot of the moon! It has been so bright here.

L. D. said...

Mildred and Karen, you both know that it wasn’t going to happen last year. This morning’s shot was for all my blog friends because I was freezing when I should have stayed inside. Thanks for the votes of confidence my good fiends.

Coloring Outside the Lines said...

Wonderful shots- it is so hard for me to get a good pic of the moon, and I have to zoom in and out and change settings. Finally decided manual picks up the details the best, but only at a certain zoom setting. I need a good beginner's photography class!
7 degrees is way too cold for me! It's 45 here today and now they are talking about storms on the 6th. I'm beginning to hate Arkansas weather. Have a great weekend!

Anonymous said...

OH! How beautiful.

Jeevan said...

You got excellent shots and detail of the moon! I too got clear photos on moon after buying canon powershot sx220hs.

Wall Sculpture

I remember when this artist was popular about fifteen years ago. I have seen his work in an Italian restaurant. The work was more along a la...