Friday, March 9, 2018

Winter Sky.....


It is still winter with all these dull clouds. The hole in the clouds show that the sun is there but we are not going to see it for a while.  The National Weather people say it will be cloudy with flurries all day. It will warm up to 39 degrees F. by six o’clock this evening.  I really am getting anxious to see some leaves on those trees.

Yesterday’s photo of the robin at the birdbath is the same one that lives in our front yard.  I believe he is waiting for his mate to show up as he sits at the edge of the flower garden wall near the old nest. He is picking things out of the grass to eat. He has a gentle call that he puts out as if he is calling some bird to let them know he is here with last years nest.  The other call is the warning call that he gives as he flies away to a neighbor’s tree.

3 comments:

Christine said...

Sometimes its hard to believe the sun is still there after a prolonged winter but it's good to see it in your photo- just about!

Coloring Outside the Lines said...

I'm patiently waiting for spring too. Hopefully, soon. My grandma always said after the Easter freeze to plant flowers, and Easter is earlier this year, so I'm hopeful spring will be too.

Dianna said...

We heard the robins chirping this morning...even amid this six inches of snow we received overnight and so far today. My husband said, "Someone's happy." I do hope that your robin's mate comes by soon...or stays where it is warmer.

Weekends....

 When I return from home to go to the hospital on a week day I can't find a place to park. Here is where I parked on a Friday morning, w...