Wednesday, April 4, 2018

Strong Bonds........



From all of the kinds of birds that I have at the feeder the house finch pairs are the most fun to watch. They have a strong bond between them and where one goes the other follows.  The pairs come and go continually and when I see a male finch I watch for the female to fly in wishing seconds.  Goldfinch birds do not have that same bond when it comes to feeding patterns. It isn’t unusual to see a goldfinch out there by itself and no others show.  It also is common though for three or four male goldfinches being at the feeders at the same time. The female also tend to come by themselves not having that strong pair bonding.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is an interesting observation. I don't see many finches here but especially in Early Autumn, I see goldfinches.
I cannot get over how Teddy is growing/changing. They are great little boys.

Ginny Hartzler said...

I totally agree. We have a pair of House Finches building a nest in front of our window now. And so funny, when I got up this morning, there was one lone Goldfinch at the feeder. You are so observant! A true birder at heart.

Ezhilan said...

It's interesting to know the behavior of birds. Nice closeup photos.

Basket Full….

 My wife is in a health center, nursing home, and she was having a bad day. In walks an aid with these kittens. My wife loves cats and dogs ...