Thursday, April 5, 2018

It’s a Dog’s World.........


It isn’t a great pose but it is one of Barney’s favorite places to be.  When we are both in the living room he can keep an eye on both of us.  At good times he can beg treats by letting out a moan.  What he can do now is get up from this position and walk to another part of the room. He really doesn’t think we know.  He hasn’t been able to physically stand up on his own for a couple of months. About ten minutes after I took this picture he got up and walked over to the hardwood floor in the dining room to be on a cooler surface. I wasn’t watching but I could hear that pitter patter of feet. He has strength in his front legs and normally I have lifted and pulled forward to help him get onto his back legs. He has lost some weight and can now propel his body forward enough to get onto his back legs.  I do still assist him when I can tell that he is struggling. He has really improved from our long winter months when he was pretty much down without help. I have to hustle to keep up with him in the front yard on some days and he does like to be moving around again.

2 comments:

Jeevan said...

He’s no more different from our pet, who also struggled to get up in cold whenever we visit hill stations or cold mountains… and she too keep an eye on us and use to lie where she could see us.

Anonymous said...

Barney is a great dog. Thankful he is better. Kinda cute that he thinks he is sneaking around without you knowing it! lol There's no denying the sound of their claws on the floor!

Basket Full….

 My wife is in a health center, nursing home, and she was having a bad day. In walks an aid with these kittens. My wife loves cats and dogs ...