Wednesday, December 5, 2018

Double Images.....




The sliver of a moon was in view.  The camera picked up a double image as the lens remained open to pick up that second shot. I now know that a tripod would have solved the problem but the image really is a bonus and not a problem at all.







Some of you know that glowing, star-like, object actually is a planet.  I never tried to get an image of it before but it is close to the earth right now.  I see it  out there near the moon sometimes but sometimes a distance horizontally from the moon.  One of my Canadian friends told me it was probably Mars.  I have never seen it as a full shape and would not have without the camera pulling it in with its lens.

1 comment:

Jeevan said...

Interesting double trap of the moon and the second one too resembles a moon than a star. I too saw a bright orange star two weeks back on sky which i hope is also Mars

Young Mourning Dove

 It is frosty this morning and the dove shows up for some seed. It is standing on the frosted surface of the table bird feeder.