Tuesday, January 3, 2023

Curio Cabinet...


The curio cabinet was originally a storage cabinet.  It held small cans of furniture stains and finishes. It hung in the back of a furniture store, in the workroom. of my boys great grandfather's store. When some people see junk and want to throw it away, I see a repurposed item.  I do have some of the antique cans of furniture products that I am sure are collectible to certain people.  The cabinet was the wooden frame from a Seth Thomas clock.  It has the pulley holes in it for the weights that run the clock.  If you have not read my past blog you will understand why I am sharing it.
 

1 comment:

roentare said...

It keeps interesting stuff

Tied In Together.....

 A former owner had steps installed on the end of the house. The slope is great so the railroad ties had to be creatively built. You can see...