Sunday, March 15, 2009

Des Moines Botanical Center...

Botanical centers are so inspiring. They have such great conditions to grow most everything. Ours in Des Moines has canaries, finches and parakeets flying around freely. The birds aren't scared of the people and fly around looking for scraps of food from a snack bar area in the balcony. I always get so excited about planting new things and getting my gardens looking better. It is discouraging when the out of doors of Iowa gets to be 80 degrees and things don't look so alive. I try to plant as many perennials as I can so they can survive Iowa's climate and I don't get so much death from the heat.

No comments:

On The Roof......

  The best place to park your helicopter really isn't on the roof but it works at the hospital.  They do have a ground area to land if i...