Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Cherry blossoms....

I was out looking for something to shoot and I glanced over and saw the white cloud of cherry blossoms. This is a bush variety and I do not recommend it. I bought it on a whim and found out the cherries are more seed than pulp. The first year I was very frustrated but the second year we got out the sieve and smashed all of the juice out of them and made wonderful cherry jelly. I have to pick fast as the birds love them too. They have just started blooming and they are the first of my fruit trees to show color.

2 comments:

claude said...

Do you already try to make cherry juice. I drink some for the first time in Martinique Island.

L. D. said...

No, we never use it for drinking. We can now buy cherry juice with pomgranate juice that is pretty good, but it tastes a little like cherry flavored cough syrup. I like the cranberry and pomegranate for health reasons. I would love to see Martinique Island.

On The Roof......

  The best place to park your helicopter really isn't on the roof but it works at the hospital.  They do have a ground area to land if i...