Friday, April 17, 2009

Spring tokens....



We have meager starts to our spring. This daffodil was a novelty one in which it had originally had multiple small heads of flowers on them. As you can see they genetically didn't hold and now they look like this. The are great looking but were a surprise. The tulips were from a cheap set of fifty that I planted a few years back. When I went out to photograph it they had shut up for the evening. It still is nice color. I raked the debris off of my vegetable garden today. I am doing physical battle with my tiller and will get it started soon. I am very sad as to what the rainy weather of last summer did to my Iris. It killed a lot of my Iris. They just rot when we have continuous rain and the ground just doesn't dry out. I am going to find some place on my two lots that will drain better. I may try to make a mound and put them in that. So sad to loose so many. It gives me time to dream of starting over and collecting new varieties. There should be an Iris club out there where we exchange tubers. That would make a great blog. Got to go for now.

2 comments:

claude said...

Sorry for your iris. Over here it seems the very cold weather of the last winter with snow frost during a couple of weeks protected the vegetation from the polar weather. My iris are growing up but my gillyflowers seems to be less beautiful than the last year.

Anonymous said...

If you find a good iris blog let me know. I got some black iris that I would like to show off. I like your photos.

Great Specimen

  The variegated red twig is doing well this  year. The rains of little amount still did revive it from its winter slumber.  The bush was pl...