Thursday, April 16, 2009

I found a photo...



I know that I have blogged about our cat Nala for so many times. Since we have lost her I was sad that I could never get a good shot of her playing with our dog. Well today I was surprised to find one of my attempts to photograph them together. They always played hard and were always moving and one of them was always out of focus. Barney being the border collie is either too threatened for me to take his picture or moving around too much. I know that I probably don't have the right setting set on the camera, or I should have taken a movie of them then pulled one frame off of the movie. I think of those things too late.
The thing that was unusual is that Barney chases the neighbors hundreds of cats all the time. I know he wouldn't hurt them but he certainly enjoys being very gruff with them and sends then hiking over the fence very quickly. When he played with Nala, he would let her play with his nose, he was so patient with her. She also liked to lay on her back and let him put his nose on her stomach. She just loved Barney. They actually were exactly the same color. Even though the picture is not perfect I still like the picture. We still miss our cat.

3 comments:

Far Side of Fifty said...

a photograph of barney..he is a light colored BC.. very pretty. You and your wife have suffered some hard losses this spring..with Nala and now your Father In Law..but wow 98 years old..how wonderful to have lived that long! My sympathy to you both.
The wedding sounds like it will be beautiful, I hope you take some great photos:)

claude said...

We have a female cat, very beautiful and so kind, who played with our dog.
Pipo, the dog died because he was very old and Choupette, the cat was run over on the road. Our children left home and our cat became our little baby and we cryed a lot.
Since, we have any cat forever.

Erin said...

Molly, the dog I had growing up, was the same way - we had several outdoor cats, living in the country, and she'd chase random cats away, but would snuggle with ours. They know who's family and it's so sweet to see.

Losing a pet is definitely a loss of a family member, but it gets easier, as any loss does.

Great Specimen

  The variegated red twig is doing well this  year. The rains of little amount still did revive it from its winter slumber.  The bush was pl...