Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Old stuff....


I had an earlier blog about my collection of ceramic planters. The duck is a hanging one as there are holes on the back to hang it from the wall. The white poodle is one that I picked up at an antique store. Della was given the small doll plate of blue willow and the plate with the ducks was my mom's. I never expected to get that plate but my remaining two older brothers went through things and they apparently didn't want it. I always liked it as a kid and I guess the guys think it is just another old plate. I don't know it's history, but I believe it probably was great grandmas on mom's side. It will be fun to find something out about it in antique books but I haven't had the time.

2 comments:

Far Side of Fifty said...

Hey, That is a great duck platter! My Grandma had a set of ducks just like your planter one..they seemed to be in thing as wedding gifts around 1950..she bought some then and told me she kept a set for herself. I love all this old "stuff" ..I don't have very much of mine dispayed..as I hate to dust! Thanks for the comment on my blog..I am going to look around here in your photo blog for a photo of your Border Collie! :)

L. D. said...

Actually Our Baranbus is featured in my Lary's Creative Zone blog.
http://ldburgus.blogspot.com/2009/03/barnabusour-wonder-dog.
We love every power packed inch of him even when he is driving us crazy.

On The Roof......

  The best place to park your helicopter really isn't on the roof but it works at the hospital.  They do have a ground area to land if i...