Saturday, April 25, 2009

What is this??????

The question for the day. I keep showing my ignorance by calling something the wrong name. I brought this home from my mom's yard and it survived. It is a form of a peony, I think, but it's foliage is not peony foliage. It is a very early grower compared to a regular peony. My mom had taken a start of it from the neighbors property. Her plant was huge and I took most of it and planted it everywhere on my property. I left enough for the new future owner to enjoy. I want to call it a Japanese Peony, but after a lot of searching I see nothing about it on the net. I don't have a catalog to look it up but I know I have seen it in the seed catalog. So I will await an answer from someone out there. I will be glad to show it flowering as there are three buds on it already.

No comments:

Reflection