Friday, April 24, 2009

Wild violets 2.....



I wrote about these in my creative zone and this mound of white and blue is such a better picture. These grow wild among my yard grass in the ditch to the street along with the blue-purple solid color ones. We had 80 degree weather yesterday and it really sent things shooting up and this plant really put out a lot more blooms. I uncovered officially 4 different flower beds yesterday. I will talk about peonies on another day. But is was good to get things opened up. Of course we could have one more ice storm but the weather patterns this year are in my favor.
As a footnote, I was reminded by a cousin from Minburn that there are also reddish colored wild violets and speckled ones too. I had forgotten about the reddish one and I don't even remember where I have seen them. She said she had transplanted them when she was a kid to her pets grave sites and they grew very readily.

1 comment:

claude said...

Some violets are violet, some are white. Yours are light violet. Very nice !

On The Roof......

  The best place to park your helicopter really isn't on the roof but it works at the hospital.  They do have a ground area to land if i...