Friday, May 22, 2009

Red Dianthus....


I potted this dianthus from my mom's property. It came up every year for quite some time. I am going to plant it in a similar spot on my property to mimic where it was down south. Red flowers are one of my favorite colors with their contrasts to the green foliage. My mom and grandma called these pinks and I thought they had to always be pink. Since I am now older I discovered that they come in many colors and they are like miniature carnations, not as frilly but similar foliage and colors.

2 comments:

claude said...

I agree with you. The bland or red and green is very beautiful. I like blues flowers too.
Your photo is very beautiful.
I love carnation because this smells good.

L. D. said...

Good morning Claude. It is 2:14 in the morning here and I am waiting for an asprin to take effect on my aching muscles. It must be early morning there in France.

Peony and Tulips....

  The flowers are getting a gentle rain this morning.  It  makes the soil and sub soil happier as our drought is less these days.