Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Finding Nemo.....


I have fish to get shipped out to the pond. They will be happy and I will be glad to let them get some sunshine. They get brightly colored from the sun but also from live algae.
The big guy there is actually a chiclid but I will put it out there anyway. They originated from South America and they live in lakes. The white one with black spots is a koi and the rest are goldfish.
My pond is going to get rebuilt this summer but I bought a farm stock tank that I have sunk into the ground to keep the fish. That way in the fall I can retrieve them with out much problem. The more natural pond I sometimes put a few cheap goldfish feeders in and watch them grow.
I have had an aquarium for years, and the movie "Finding Nemo" entertains me purely because of their ability to duplicate water and plant movement in all of the scenes. I appreciate their dedication to detail.

1 comment:

claude said...

Hello Larry !
Many thanks for you kind comment yesterday.
We have a pond too and some fish. Three koïs, the older one is very big. Goldfish and others and three "Amour" carps which eat the algaes.

The Capitol.....

 A shot through a large window creates an unusual yet usual effect. The Iowa State Capital has new gold leaf on its dome.