Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Three Muskateers



This is an older photo of the three cockatiels that we have raised from babies। There are two males and one female in the cage. We will be getting them into a bigger cage soon. The female has figured out how to raise the cage feeding door and just walk out. One can hear it go clang from another room and know that she has escaped. Originally they three were just playing with the lift doors and were having fun lifting them and letting them fall. One male would accidentally figure it out and we would put him back in and put a clip on the door. I have been subbing at school, teaching everything but what my major is, but I get emails from home and my wife says that she is out again. They are tame but one still has to throw a towel over their backs and pick them up with out them clamping their beak onto your hand. They don't like to let go and that beak that can break open hard seeds and sticks also draws blood on soft skin. We now have wired the doors shut and soon will find a bigger cage. In the meantime we will throw different objects in there that they can toss around to keep them entertained. They love carrots and apple tree sticks and plastic lids to chew.

1 comment:

claude said...

Beautiful birds !
Did you try the google translator I put on my blog ?
Yesterday I cooked and will post about that very soon. I cook today again because we receive our german friends on the end of may.
I cook in advance and put my cooking in the freezer.

Monday...vinca and tulips