Monday, May 11, 2009

No one home....



My wren house was on the ground and I didn't get it cleaned out and back up soon enough. It sits empty even though I do hear a wren out their singing. Someone may be saying it would help if there was an entrance and I would say, it is on the other side. I have had a pair in there every year since I had the house. I will keep you posted, but I think it may be too late. My grapes don't look like they are alive this year. The plants around the original grape vines have grown up and shade them too much. I don't think they are getting enough hot sun during the day. I also think that our excessive rains of last summer has destroyed my very large clematis that grew next to our front porch. Time will tell but I should be seeing life in some of those things. A neighbor gave us a dinner plate hibiscus to replace the one we lost a few years ago.

1 comment:

claude said...

This night we got thunder and hailrain. This morning I went and see the kitchengarden we began to plant yesterday with my Chéri.
No damage in it but my peonies are destroyed.
In walking back to the house, on the roof was my little bird the garden warbler. It was singing like to tel me Good morning, good mooorning ! I do not remember if you watched my post about this bird.
Your lilacs are very beautiful, Larry !

Big and Small...

 The miniature daffodils are so petite compared to the normal sized daffodil. I don't think I have ever brought the small ones inside be...