Saturday, May 9, 2009

Lilacs......


I got my first start of the white lilac from a neighbor lady across the alley. The bush is way too big and I have seen garden shows that tell you to prune out a third each year. I may start that this year after they bloom. The violet lilacs came from a property that we once owned in Minnesota. They are the old fashioned vaiety.

This afternoon at the Osceola property, I took a small start from a very red lilac bush. If it doesn't start I will go back and get a bigger clump. It is across the alley next to the back drive of the property. The start had a few small roots on it and I trimmed it back a little to give it a chance to root.

1 comment:

Erin said...

I had no idea there was such a thing...pretty!

The Capitol.....

 A shot through a large window creates an unusual yet usual effect. The Iowa State Capital has new gold leaf on its dome.