Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Humble dwelling......

This is the view from the west as you drive by our house. The planting where the pine tree stands is the very first place that I started a garden back in 1977. I mounded up some dirt and put a large rock from my parent's farm and planted a yucca plant. As you can see I have added a lot since then. The pine is from a ditch in Minnesota. It is the only pine that I didn't loose when the tornado went through. I had two larger trees like this that snapped off in the tornado winds. The house actually protected this tree.
There are yellow tiger lilies starting to bloom in the front there and the red fall sedum is starting to bud. The creeping bluebells are just to the left of mound.

2 comments:

claude said...

Beautiful backyard, Larry ! Your house seems nice too.

The Retired One said...

Such a nice cottage style house. Do you grow anything to go up the trellis on the far right which looks like a wall to your porch?

Bouquet