Sunday, July 19, 2009

Stargazer lily........

This is my lone plant that is struggling among a snowball bush and lilies that are crowding it out. After it blooms I will move it. I have only one this year and I will invest in more of them. I have bought them at Menards at very reasonable prices. I have lost of lot of them the past few years due to crowding by other plants like flag iris and hostas. I think I need to devote an area for them. The smell is unbelievable and this one plant can send out aroma throughout the garden.

4 comments:

Michele said...

WOW... what a great shot.
I remember having these in my garden when we had a house and yes, incredible aroma... a sweet smell that I just adored! How I miss my garden...

Linda said...

Reading back through your recent posts I'm struck by the great profusion of lillies you have. The scent must be beautiful in your garden.

The Retired One said...

I have one of these that is slooooow to bloom this year...just getting buds now...it has been so cold and wet here..we need some sun and warmth!

Far Side of Fifty said...

Great Photo Larry! You have a great macro shot there! I can almost smell that Stargazer..the fragrance is overwhelming! We are cool here, but finally got rain today:)

On The Roof......

  The best place to park your helicopter really isn't on the roof but it works at the hospital.  They do have a ground area to land if i...