Thursday, August 20, 2009

Grapes in your trees.....

I have two bushes that are cherry bushes. They are near the property line and my neighbor planted a grape vine on a wire woven fence near there. One of the cherry bushes died back so I had to cut off all of the dead wood. Before I could do that I had to remove my neighbors three very long grapevines out of that bush. I twined them into their evergreen trees so the grapes would not be on the ground. They have done well there but it does look strange. I could help the guy build an arbor but I think I will wait and see if he will do it on his own. The bush that I trimmed back is now putting out sprouts so the short bush can cross pollinate with the larger one next spring, so I can have cherries again. The cherries are small and worthless but we crush them to get the juice out of them and make jelly. I do not recommend buying any cherry bush, even if they are cheap, but we have made the best of it with the jelly thing.
I happened to have a contribution to Motion Thursday. The duck and her babies were headed under the bridge at the zoo.

4 comments:

claude said...

You can eat the grappe vine, free !
I love the duck female with her babies. I posted some cookings, Larry.

Alan Burnett said...

The cherry piece is interesting, the duck picture is - in the best meaning of the word - cute.

The Retired One said...

Ahhh..duck babies...how cute! Were they begging for food?

Valerie said...

Incredible how you happen to be in the right place at the right time to capture the movement of the ducks. Interesting piece about the grapes. I think I'd be inclined to train the vine my way :-)

Reflection