Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Small and Big....

I have a pointella bush sitting in this arrangement. The bush was there first and I started putting roses in the area because it was a bright sunny location most of the a day. When I was taking the shot I saw this clear white flower creating a nice informal balance to the composition. That is my carefree rose which has continued to bloom many times. A normal Iowa summer will slow that down but the rains we have had all summer kept it going.
A weathered zinnia dwarfs the smaller ones in the back ground. It isn't a great color scheme orange and magenta, but the green neutralizes the shocking colors contrasts.

3 comments:

Sunny said...

Very pretty flowers, lovely colors.
Sunny :)

Valerie said...

Who would ever think that orange and yellow went well together. Nature is braver than we mortals when it comes to colour co-ordination. Good pictures.

The Retired One said...

Glad to see you have some color yet in your garden..mine is dwindling down fast.

Big and Small...

 The miniature daffodils are so petite compared to the normal sized daffodil. I don't think I have ever brought the small ones inside be...