Monday, August 10, 2009

Water Hyacinth.....

I have a lot of these photos but I thought this was the best color. I am torn as to if the textures of the water and the stream of water carries enough visual weight to make it an actual balanced picture. One day you think you have a good thing and the next day, you wonder what I was thinking.

Yes this is the better picture. I have been into the water reflections so much this year and sometimes they don't have the strongest of compositions. It is fun to keep trying. The brick holds down my filter system so I can't get rid of it. This is the first time I have ever had one of these water plants bloom. It was quite a surprise.

2 comments:

The Retired One said...

Beautiful flower!!! Do they smell good too? It looks like it is heavy with fragrance. I love the second photo the best because of the round pattern in the water beside it.

L. D. said...

It rained that evening and took it out just that fast. At first I thought someone must have come and picked it then I saw it had wilted into the water. I never had a chance to smell it.

On The Roof......

  The best place to park your helicopter really isn't on the roof but it works at the hospital.  They do have a ground area to land if i...