Sunday, August 9, 2009

Relaxation at it's finest.......

I have been saving this one for a while. Some days you have to look hard to find a quality photo for a daily show, but I am really backing up on some shots that I have taken the last week. I guess I should quit shooting until i get them caught up.
The lioness is at the Blank Park Zoo here in Des Moines. She got tired of all of the activity going on and just laid down on the rock. I bet the rock feels cool to her and she must not care that the rock is hard. When we went into the gift shop pictures like this were everywhere, so I guess she rests on this rock on a regular basis.
There is plenty of green thick grass to lay in but she doesn't mind this position at all.
At one time when we walked by the male lion was laying deep in the grass on his back with his feet in the air cooling off in the heat. He was too far away for me to get a picture.

3 comments:

The Retired One said...

I feel like her almost every day around 4pm.
Ha.
Great photo!

Anonymous said...

That looks like some of my squirrels here today. It is so hot and humid and it is hard to imagine this heat wearing a fur coat. So relax is in order and what better place to cool off your belly than on a cool rock.

Thanks for the visit and comment to my birds blog.

Vivian aka Deborah said...

Cute shot! This put a big grin on my face....reminds me of me when I get home from work! hahaha

Big and Small...

 The miniature daffodils are so petite compared to the normal sized daffodil. I don't think I have ever brought the small ones inside be...