Sunday, August 2, 2009

White rose bud......

I took this photo at the rose garden in Duluth, Minnesota. They were so healthy looking with their deep green foliage. I do remember that it was labeled "Iceberg."
I do not know if this is the same rose plant as the bud above. It was a cold, blustery, rainy day and we rushed through the garden and snapped pictures quickly. The shadows of the rose seem more cream colored but that could just be the interpretation by the camera of shadow. We want to return another year and take some time to really enjoy the garden.

2 comments:

Michele said...

Gorgeous. I'm a fan of roses, I'm not really good at photographing them, perhaps it's the camera, not sure... but your first photo of the white bud within that dark green foliage is super contrast.

The Retired One said...

yes! I have been to their beautiful rose garden on a warm, breezy day....the aromas and colors were breathtaking!

Big and Small...

 The miniature daffodils are so petite compared to the normal sized daffodil. I don't think I have ever brought the small ones inside be...