Friday, October 23, 2009

The end is near.........

My last fall day photo, taken Monday, of what is in the front of my house. The birch tree on the right started to scatter it's leaves on the ground and the young maple, which is red has done well. I wished I knew the kind that it is but I just don't. I planted it when they cut down the 100 year old tree that stood directly in front of this new one.
It has rained continually and the majority of the leaves on the birch are now gone. It was too wet to take a shot so I will do it later when we dry out.
I really think you should click on the photo to see the whole effect. I got lucky with this shot and just this day. The clear sky in the background down the road is three blocks down and you are in the country. A field of young heifers live there.

10 comments:

Jimmy said...

beautiful Larry. I'll bet you can hear the cows. That would be wonderful.

Anonymous said...

Larry,
It's amazing how far down the road you can see-your tree is so pretty -this season seems to be going fast.
vickie

Valerie said...

I clicked and it was so worth looking at the enlargement. You live in a wonderful spot. I imagine it is beautiful whatever the season.

FlowerLady Lorraine said...

Oh WOW. To have the colors happening right in your own property, and to live 3 blocks from the country. You live in a beautiful, peaceful area.

FlowerLady

Sunny said...

A nice variety of Autumn colors. The big maple in our backyard that was such a brilliant gold is now bare. Fall seemed like it flew by this year!
Sunny :)

Alan Burnett said...

Yes our front garden is displaying similar shades. I will try and post a picture over the weekend for comparison's sake.

claude said...

Fall show us some pretty colors. But when all the leaves are fallen, the nature is less beautiful.

Gigi Ann said...

Fall Beautiful Fall. We had almost 3 inches of rain yesterday and today and the leaves are quickly falling and being tracked into the house. All I get done is sweeping the floor... LOL... We have a tree next to our property line that has very small leaves and when they are wet it is impossible to keep them off your shoes. So in the house they come.....

The Retired One said...

So pretty! There isn't an autumn picture that I don't like. It is just so sad that the brilliant colors can't stay on the trees longer, isn't it?

OiseauBird said...

Beautiful colors
I have never seen so nice colors on the trees !

Big and Small...

 The miniature daffodils are so petite compared to the normal sized daffodil. I don't think I have ever brought the small ones inside be...