Saturday, October 24, 2009

Remember when.....

it wasn't cold and it didn't rain every day. Three inches of rain so far. It has quit for now. My neighbors are saying we had four inches of rain so I need to go look at my gauge again.





Yellow kitty has had health problems but she is an old cat. We feed her small amounts of food every couple of hours, soft food, and water on dry food. Her teeth are bad and or are missing and she got so thin, but she is now coming back. She has a belly on her now and her fur is so soft again. She is over thirteen years old, maybe more, so she doesn't wander far from the front porch. I was out taking photos last month and she came out to watch. She lives in the basement when she isn't on the porch, as Barney is too fascinated with her. She has not a shred of fear when she is around him and will walk in front of him with out a care, but with Barney in the house and birds in the house, she lives and roams the basement.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awww what a sweet kitty! I have aging cats too... one that is the dearest pet of all the animals I've kept in my life. I do dread losing them! They live in my house with me, and all of my birds. They are well trained though, and I wouldn't recommend that to anyone else.
As far as the rain goes. I live on the West (Wet)Coast of British Columbia... where it's solid rain from Novemeber through February.
:( .... This summer just seemed to disappear,
no Indian Summer, just right into the rain. :(
I'm sure it's nicer where you live Larry!

claude said...

It's hard to see our cat or dog getting old.
At home we had two cats but they had to time to get old, Both died run over on the road.
Yellow Kitty is a beautiful cat.
Have a nice Saturday and an excellent Sunday, Larry !

Valerie said...

Gorgeous, Larry. She's a lovely looking cat. Similar colouring to Barney. I'm always sad when animals get old.

Sunny said...

I love the picture of Yellow Kitty and the flowers.
Our oldest cat Lilly is starting to show her age, she's around eleven and I think her eyesight is going. She has a good appetite though and eats like a little pig!
Enjoy your day.
Sunny :)

Anonymous said...

L.D.
You cat does have more white and looks so sweet. Hope my daughter's cat last so long for her.
vickie

Gigi Ann said...

Yellow kitty is a cute little kitty. 13 years is a pretty long life for a cat, but maybe she will go for 13 more.

GLOGIRLY said...

Hi Larry,
Yellow Kitty is a cutie! And like all good cats, fearless. At least that's how we're supposed to act. It's in the manual.

I like your photo. Even more because it has a cat in it.

mew,
Katie
(Glogirly's cat)

The Retired One said...

I LOVE cats, especially old cats...I like their independent nature and when they snuggle with you!

Peony and Tulips....

  The flowers are getting a gentle rain this morning.  It  makes the soil and sub soil happier as our drought is less these days.