Saturday, October 17, 2009

My neighbors have the best trees......




This maple tree sits across the street from us on the east side. It really is spectacular right now. It was dripping wet out there when I took these but there was plenty of light to take them. My birch tree is way behind this maple. I am thinking that it may not be it's bright yellow this year.



This maple is a different maple than the one above, as it will be mostly orange before it is through. It is on the north of us and there are two of these great maples. They were planted by owners 34 years ago. The city ordered them to trim this tree up on one side as it was hanging more than it's required 15 feet in the street. It was a shame but it is filling in spite of the city's silly rules.

7 comments:

Jimmy said...

Beautiful color, Larry. Large trees are wonderful.

claude said...

Very nice fall colors, Larry. Beautiful mapple tree.

Anonymous said...

L.D.
They are beautiful trees. I love the yellow mixed among the red in the fall colors.
vickie

Sunny said...

What a lovely tree, such pretty colors. Our Autumn has peaked and now many trees are losing their leaves...time to get the rake out!
My post was about trees, great minds I guess! LOL
Have a wonderful weekend.
Sunny :)

OiseauBird said...

Splendid trees change of colors : auburn, clear brown, yellow, brown and again green leaves. Very beautiful composition, autumn's colors.

Valerie said...

Spectacular is the only word to describe the colours. This really is a wonderful time of year for nature's splendour.

Far Side of Fifty said...

Great looking color! Do the leaves blow into your yard! When we lived in town I always kept our grass really short in the Fall..so that our fallen leaves would just roll out of our yard in the wind! Evil I know, but it worked! :)

Life Flight....

   Everyday and night the Life Flight helicopter is in action.  One time when I was out in the parking lot headed to my car I was able to se...