Friday, October 30, 2009

My new door in the gallery.....



I have the door frame done on the inside of the new door but I have not really done much decoration on it. I am going to walk away from it for now and work on making it fancier later. I will finish by painting the door a color also.




Here is view of the gallery corner. My wife and I have a home gallery business and have been framing for ourselves and others for 23 years. A lot of the painting on the wall are my wife's as she paints and sells on the internet regularly. A lot of them on the wall have no frames as they are sold without frames. It makes shipping less expensive and most people want to pick out their own frame after they have received the painting. I put as many of them up so they are in view for those who come to the shop. Some of the paintings are mine also, but most are Della's. That top painting on the right is mine and it has a sold sign on it. Many times people say, please hold that until I get the money together.
This whole area was reworked because of the door being put in so I wanted to show it off to you.

12 comments:

Valerie said...

The picture of your gallery is like a painting in itself. It's lovely! Your wife is very talented.

Anonymous said...

All the paintings look so pretty I've been to wife's website she is very talented -funny though I wanted that farmhouse one right when I saw it. Already sold
Glad you got your door finished -great job.
vickie

Sunny said...

What a talented couple, your wife's paintings are wonderful, the red barn with the cows is terrific.
Your comment about moving the pictures around sounds like me, I keep moving until I find the perfect spot. I'd love to see them framed, could you email me a pic?
Are you back in business with your computer?
Sunny :)

Jimmy said...

I love the paintings floor to ceiling.

OiseauBird said...

I love all these paintings. You and your wife are very talented. I love cats, dogs, raccouns paintings ...and the others
My parents were Art painters in France and I have home some paintings very beautiful with me.

Far Side of Fifty said...

Larry, What a lovely corner, it must be a treat for your eyes! I love paintings of old buildings and barns..
You door looks great too! :)

claude said...

Good work, Larry ! Paintings ( I enlarged the photo)and door.

FlowerLady Lorraine said...

You and your wife are very talented. The gallery looks great and the door looks nice and I'm sure whatever 'fancy' work you decide to do with it later will look great also.

FlowerLady

Les Barr said...

Nice looking door. Your painting's on the wall look very good. Nice job.

Les

Gigi Ann said...

The gallery looks very inviting. The painting of the Chow Chow, reminds me of my dog Shelly I had 13 years ago. She had the same coloring but she had a fourth of collie in her so her nose wasn't quite as flat. She was the most gentle dog I ever had. Children could play with her and roll around on the ground or floor with her, but, for some reason, adults seem to be a bit afraid of her. I guess the children hadn't heard that Chow Chow's sometimes bite people. Knowing she was going to be around children I trained her to be gentle. I trained her with love, never a swat with a newspaper or anything like that. She was just really easy to train to be gentle. Why am I going on and on? I guess because the painting brought back so many wonderful memories of her. As Bob Hope's theme song says: "Thanks for the memories."

GLOGIRLY said...

I love the gallery! Looks like the two of you have some wonderful pieces. And I bet you love the natural light from the new door!

The Retired One said...

You are both so talented!!!
I hope to do the same with my photographs some day!

Reflection