Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Hannah and Penny.......


This is how I am feeling this morning. My old laptop is being difficult. It was my school computer and I bought it from the school when I retired out of there and it was worn out is wearing out more. What really is wearing out is the battery. You wouldn't know this but as I blog sitting on the couch, my computer was heating up and warming my lap. The battery function was shorting out, and charging, then not charging, and just messing around. I finally put a book between me and the computer but yesterday, it balked. The computer should work without any battery charge, with it plugged into the wall, but the battery wasn't allowing the current to flow through it to the computer.
My wife got on Amazon last night and ordered a new battery. it should be here Wednesday. So I may be gone for awhile. I like by GS 14 Mac, but I need to buy a large hd to store my thousands of pictures and a few important documents, I think that I don't want the harddrive to go next.
The dogs belong to my son and his wife in Maine. They are sweet dogs and Aaron and Keegan pick them up and hold them like babies. They are gentle dogs.

12 comments:

Alan Burnett said...

They are absolutely beautiful dogs. Good luck with the computer problem.

Valerie said...

Hannah and Penny are gorgious animals. I would ruin them if they were mine.
Hope your new battery enables you to show more pictures soon. Good luck with it.

Anonymous said...

you're the second person i've heard today with computer problems-hope you get it fixed soon, dogs are so cute
vickie

Sunny said...

What sweet doggie faces. I hope you get your computer problem resolved soon.
Sunny :)

claude said...

Beautiful dogs.
Computers are like people, they get old.
Sometimes they need some repairs. Good luck !

Elizabeth McCrindle said...

Can sympathise with your computer problems I had to bye one last month. gewtting the swing of this one but miss my old one :(
Love the dogs, thought they were foxhounds when I first saw them

The Retired One said...

Gorgeous little doggie faces!!

Gigi Ann said...

The dogs are beauties.

My one computer was acting somewhat like yours, and my son checked it out and it needed a new cord with that new box thingy that is on the cord. He got me a new one and it works just fine. But, before I knew what the problem was I got myself a Mac or Apple or whatever they call them and I love it so much better than Windows...

GLOGIRLY said...

Hannah and Penny look like sweethearts!

I feel for you and your computer and hard drive plight! Gloman and I are crazy careful when it comes to backing up. We've got a bunch of LaCie external hard drives. We've got back up's for our back up's back up! Photos lost can feel almost like memories erased.

Prospero said...

Nice dogs, Larry. next time, I think I'll switch to a Mac - and an open-source os.

Pheebs said...

Your dogs are cute :)

Sorry to hear about your laptop. What I usually do is remove the battery when I'm running the laptop from the wall socket. If I need to recharge the battery, I will switch off the laptop. I think it helps preserve your battery's life.

Far Side of Fifty said...

Great looking dogs.. but they do look like they want out of the car! Good Luck with the computer problems..next time I crash I am going to buy a brand new one.. I back up all my photos every ten or fifteen days... I have a massive SD card it will hold 1900 photos. My Photos stay on there until they are saved to disc. It works for me :)

Reflection