Monday, October 12, 2009

A Red and Blue and Red Day.......




Geranium, garden variety, that I have worked all summer to finally get a good red in the photo of the plant.






A surprise find this morning while carrying in plants to the spare room. Violets like to dry out to help it start the blooming process and believe you and me, they are very dry. They deserve a good drink of water and I will do that right after I finished doing my blogging.







I brought in my impatience plants which are not looking so good but I can encourage a few more blooms from them for awhile before the furnace heat takes it out. My humidifier helps but it is just too dry in the house when the heat runs all day.

9 comments:

Jimmy said...

Your getting more snow today, aren't you? I don't know what I'd do with myself having such a long winter.

Anonymous said...

Both of them are just so pretty. Such vibrant colors.
vickie

Les Barr said...

I must admit that I'm not much of a flower person. However, I do appreciate Nature for color when it's pretty to see. Nice Images that you took.

Les

Sunny said...

Such vivid colors, really pretty. I wish I had more of a green thumb for inside plants.
Enjoy your day.
Sunny :)

GLOGIRLY said...

It's snowing like crazy here! Thank Cod Glogirly rescued our geranium and brought it inside. It looks exactly like your first photo...a really pure red. She's going to try to keep it alive this winter. Given her track record, and the cactus she already killed this weekend, I say Fat Chance.

Thanks for the beautiful photos!

Katie

The Retired One said...

That blue is just electric!

Anonymous said...

The colors are GORGEOUS!

The Pink Geranium or Jan's Place said...

Larry, I think you and your wife would be fun neighbors! I love your flowers,and projects, and her wonderful art.

I lived in Cedar Rapids as a kid, born in St Paul..

You both have such lovey things to share~!

Far Side of Fifty said...

You finally got a red geranium photo..it is a good one too! reds are really hard to photograph! You are such a good gardener, bringing in plants from out of doors to extend the season!:)

Big and Small...

 The miniature daffodils are so petite compared to the normal sized daffodil. I don't think I have ever brought the small ones inside be...