Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Seed gathering.........



We are headed to a hard freeze very soon. I decided to harvest my zinnia crop now and start drying them out. The white zinnias are already dead and I had to be sure I actually had a flower that still had seed.

A few years back, Victory Garden visited a garden of a woman, I don't know her name, but she was a photography artist. She would buy large varieties of roses and lay them out on a board and photograph them. I think you have seen some of her work when Hallmark carried wrapping paper that was covered with the printed images of roses. I haven't seen any of her work lately, but I was reminded of her work when I was tossing these in this old photography tray. It wasn't my plan but I am pleased with what happened.







I have these out on the porch right now so some of the insects can escape, then I will take them to my basement to dry them out. I will sort the white ones out of the pile so I can keep them separate. Fortunately for me I have many compositions snapped from this. I hope you don't get too tired of them. I will scatter them throughout the weeks.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like that. I may have to try it as my garden is quickly fading and I am always looking for photo ideas! It will be fun to see what you did over the weeks.

claude said...

What so beautiful colors !

Anonymous said...

L.D.
They are beautiful! They make great pictures.
I have to grow zinnias in my flower bed next year.
vickie

Sunny said...

As much as I love the colors of Autumn, I miss all the lovely flowers. I look forward to your scatterings.
Sunny :)

The Retired One said...

What a neat idea. I look forward to your pictures!

Big and Small...

 The miniature daffodils are so petite compared to the normal sized daffodil. I don't think I have ever brought the small ones inside be...