Thursday, October 8, 2009

Pin Oak Study........




A three foot tall pin oak tree reveals many facets of texture and color. I blogged this tree before as a solid yellow green tree, a photo is seen on the side panel of this page at the bottom of the blog.






Oak leaves changes it's colors a little bit differently that maple leaves. The shapes of an oak tree leaf is unique and they grow in bunches. No acorns are formed on a pin oak tree.






A light reflection can change the view from color to gray. Shiny leaves they maintain until the final end. The pin oak will not drop it's leaves until late spring. It makes it a brown tree all winter and the leaves produce a rustling sound when the wind blows. It is a very distinct sound.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

L.D.
ahh that explains what type of tree my neighbor has --his leaves didn't fall last year till spring and they looked just like this. I love the detail on the pictures.
vickie

Sunny said...

Very nice series. The second picture reminds me of camouflage.
Enjoy your day.
Sunny :)

OiseauBird said...

Beautiful colored zinnias

and colors more melted and soft for oak's leaves
good shot

The Pink Geranium or Jan's Place said...

that was very interesting, I have an oak tree that doesn't loose it's leaves til spring..then it is a nightmare cleaning up after it!!!

This is a nice series of shots, love the last one especially

GLOGIRLY said...

I didn't know that the Pin Oak held onto it's leaves. I've often wondered why some trees I see in the dead of winter still have leaves...I bet they are Pin Oaks. ...I'll have to pay more attention this winter. Beautiful photos!

The Retired One said...

I have heard that rustling...and it is kind of weird to hear when all the rest of the trees are naked.

Prospero said...

Larry, I find the third one most attractive.

Tall and Short....

 At four in the morning and one is walking the empty hallways, one never knows what the camera might shoot.