Friday, October 9, 2009

My neighbor's last blooms.......

As I was out taking pictures of the maple trees in my area, I intentionally headed toward my friendly neighbors yard. The former owner of this house was a friend of ours and we raised all of her four boys with our two boys. When she moved away she had left some wonderful flowers. This hydrangea may be two plants but I suppose it could be just one, with two different colors of flowers. I am not an expert on these plants but I did want to share them.
I really like my old fashioned white hydrangea but these are stunning plants. Hard freeze is predicted for the weekend so I will watch to see what happens to this plant.

8 comments:

claude said...

Mine are less beautiful. It seems your neighbors hydrangea flowers are very big.
Very nice !

Valerie said...

I'm very fond of hydrangeas. I heard once that putting cold tea on the ground (root area) would change the colour from pink to blue (or the other way round) but I don't know if there's any truth in the information. Lovely blooms shown in your pictures.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful hydrangea's with two different colors. They are just too pretty to freeze.
vickie

Sunny said...

Hydrangea's are my most favorite plant, especially blue ones. When I lived on Cape Cod, it seemed they were everywhere, I guess they don't fair well out here in the boonies.
Thanks for sharing, they're beautiful.
Sunny :)

Gigi Ann said...

Lovely flowers. I esp. like the lilac colored one. It's sounds like we will be getting a hard frost tonight, according to the weatherman.

The Retired One said...

Stunning indeed. Wow!

GLOGIRLY said...

I just love hydrangeas...They are beautiful when they bloom and stay that way even as they dry. Our freeze caught me by surprise last night. We woke up to snow on the balcony here in Minneapolis!

Far Side of Fifty said...

I love Hydrangeas..it is wonderful that you can grow them there! They are beautiful:)

Great Specimen

  The variegated red twig is doing well this  year. The rains of little amount still did revive it from its winter slumber.  The bush was pl...